While this report had the consensus of all its members, and its changes were considered non controversial, none of the recommendations were implemented due to lack of political will. Ultimately as the Muslim Marriage and Divorce Act is an Act of parliament that requires Muslim politicians in particular to push forward. Politicians of the time did not consider this a priority.
- Entry of the bride’s written consent.
- Introducing a minimum age of 16 years.
- Compensation for the wife (matah) if a husband divorces her for no fault on her part.
- Better remuneration for Qazis
- Qazi to be qualified persons in law and religion
- Allow representation by lawyers
- Allow registrars to register both divorces and marriages